With so many specialist fields emerging from the dentistry field in the past decades, it can be quite confusing on just what to expect and ask from your general dental surgeon. While he or she is a trained and skilled professional, the general dentist does not identity with one practice and is more like the general surgeon offering support across a range of fields while still dealing with the usual dental ailments. Even with all the specialist fields there are very many services the general dentist can still provide. Below are common services you can expect from a general dentist Richmond Hill at our place during working hours.
The first thing is dental examination. A general dentist is your safe bet if you are looking for a thorough examination of your teeth. You will get proper physical examination across your mouth which will be topped up by CAT scans and x-ray examinations among other tests as the situation demands.
Another preventive measure that you will get from a general dentist is dental cleaning. In this instance your teeth will be cleaned all the way to below the gums. A more thorough flossing follows and wherever necessary the patients can get the teeth whitened and polished.
Also selecting and fixing dental implants in a patient. If your case calls for the use of any from the numerous dental implants types available, you will be served by a general dentist. Crowns, fillings, dentures, bridges and veneers are all forms of dental implants you can easily get from the general dentist. He or she assess your situation and determines the best option for you.
General dentists also offer treatment services. One of the common treatment services you get is the root canal treatment which is used when tissue within the tooth becomes infected.
Periodontal disease is another ailment the local dentist can help you with. This is a gum disease that can be caused by a number of factors and needs to be detected early to prevent poor health and the punitive costs for extensive restructuring programs.
A general dentist also takes care of oral and maxillofacial treatments. This refer to treatments for your mouth, jaw and face.
Aside from these, a general dentist also offers services like bonding and oral cancer screening and consultancy. You are thus better served starting your first dentist visit by going for a general dentist.
FAQ about Dentistry:
- At what age should I start bringing my child to the dentist?
- Can Teenagers Have Dental Implants?
- Dental Implants – Next Best Thing to Natural Teeth
- Dental Implants – What Are Your Options?
- Dental Implants vs. Bridgework: Which is the Better Choice?
- Dental Implants: 10 Fast Facts
- Dr. Branemark: The Father of Modern Dental Implantology
- Having a Dental Implant on The Lower Jaw – What to Expect
- How do I know when it's time to come in for a checkup
- How safe are x-rays? Why do you leave the room when taking x-rays on me?
- How to Increase Dental Implant Success Rate
- How to Replace Back Teeth - What You Need to Know
- Is It Possible to Rebuild Bone Using Latest Technology?
- Learn the Different Types of Dental Implants
- My dentist is recommending treatment (I know nothing about). What should I do?
- Reasons for Dental Implants Failure
- Reasons Why You Should Not Be Nervous About Implant Surgery
- The Basics About TADs
- Understanding Implants Aesthetics
- What a general dentist can do for you?
- What are Dental Implants?
- What precautions do you take to ensure patient safety?
- What to do in a dental emergency and what not to
- What’s Next After Losing Your Tooth?
- What’s the difference with whitening products in stores vs in office whitening offered by Dentists?
- Why Dental Implants are the Best Tooth Replacements in History
- Why Dental Implants Work So Well
- Why is it important to keep scheduled dental appointments?
- Why You Should Worry About Losing Your Back Teeth
- Will my insurance cover my appointment?