With modern advancements in dental treatments, there are numerous ways to replace missing teeth. Gone are the days when people had to suffer the embarrassment of missing teeth. Dental bridges and dental implants are common treatments used to replace missing or damaged teeth. Bridges are more traditional and have various drawbacks such as the cost and the risk of damaging healthy teeth. Dental implants are a more suitable way to replace a missing tooth.
Benefits of dental implants over bridges
There are many reasons why your dentist may recommend dental implants Richmond Hill.
For a start, dental implants come with their own set of roots. They don’t just replace the surface of the tooth. This is why they help to prevent loss of bone and gum tissue. When you have missing teeth, the area is likely to experience gum disease and bone loss but dental implants can help to prevent this.
Dental implants provide a superior alternative to natural teeth. They are designed to last for many years without the risk of decay. Unlike bridges, which are prime suspects for causing decay, implants will protect your tooth from gum diseases that lead to decay.
Additionally, implants are very durable. They are designed to function just like your natural teeth. They are placed to firmly anchor your replacement teeth. Implants allow the wearer to chew any kind of food just as they will with their natural teeth.
Last but not least, dental implants can be used for a long time while maintaining their stability and effectiveness. You just need to take good care of your oral hygiene and the implants can last more than 10 years. This is considered one of the most stable forms of tooth replacement.
Should you get a dental implant?
To determine whether you are a good candidate for dental implants, your dentist will start by reviewing your situation. There are people who will be given implants because of the poor state of their teeth. These implants are designed to restore their smile and prevent serious oral issues. Implants are often recommended for patients who have missing teeth with their bone structure intact. When the gum has been severely infected, it may fail to hold the implant and hence the doctor will not recommend the procedure.
When the implants have been placed, you need to avoid smoking or drinking. The dentist will also provide a list of recommendations that need to be followed strictly to ensure the implants stay intact and effective in the years to come.
Implants should be done by professionals
The process of placing dental implants involves a minimally invasive procedure. You need to find a reputable dentist who can carry out this dental procedure. Consider someone with extensive experience placing implants. You need them to look as natural and the procedure to turn out safe and effective. Go over the dentist’s previous work to better understand his capability. Don’t forget to ask the right questions especially regarding taking care of the implants after the procedure is complete.
FAQ about Dental Implants:
- 3 Common Misconceptions About Dental Implants
- 4 Points on Dental Implants You Need to Know
- 7 Well Known Types of Sedation Dentistry
- Can Teenagers Have Dental Implants?
- Dental Implants – Next Best Thing to Natural Teeth
- Dental Implants – What Are Your Options?
- Dental Implants vs. Bridgework: Which is the Better Choice?
- Dental Implants: 10 Fast Facts
- Do You Qualify For Dental Implants
- Dr. Branemark: The Father of Modern Dental Implantology
- Get the Perfect Smile with Full Dental Implants Surgery
- Having a Dental Implant on The Lower Jaw – What to Expect
- How Much Should You Spend On Dental Implants
- How to Increase Dental Implant Success Rate
- How to Replace Back Teeth - What You Need to Know
- Is It Possible to Rebuild Bone Using Latest Technology?
- Learn the Different Types of Dental Implants
- Reasons for Dental Implants Failure
- Reasons Why You Should Not Be Nervous About Implant Surgery
- Taking Care Of Yourself After Having Dental Implants
- The Basics About TADs
- The Difference Between Bridges and Dental Implants
- The Procedure of Installing Dental Implants
- Understanding Implants Aesthetics
- What are Dental Implants?
- What are the Advantages of Dental Implants for Replacing Missing Teeth
- What’s Next After Losing Your Tooth?
- Why Dental Implants are the Best Tooth Replacements in History
- Why Dental Implants Work So Well
- Why You Should Worry About Losing Your Back Teeth